UnitTest++ is a lightweight unit testing framework for C++. It was designed to do test-driven development on a wide variety of platforms. Simplicity, portability, speed, and small footprint are all very important aspects of UnitTest++. UnitTest++ is ANSI portable C++ and makes minimal use of advanced library and languages features, which means it should be easily portable to just about any platform. Out of the box, the following platforms are supported:
- Mac OS X
The full documentation for building and using UnitTest++ can be found on the GitHub wiki page. The contents of this wiki are also included as a git submodule under the
docs folder, so version-specific Markdown documentation is always available along with the download.
While there are currently some bundled makefiles and projects, UnitTest++ is primarily built and supported using CMake.
git clone https://github.com/unittest-cpp/unittest-cpp
svn checkout https://github.com/unittest-cpp/unittest-cpp/trunk unittest-cpp
Latest release (v1.4)
git clone https://github.com/unittest-cpp/unittest-cpp cd unittest-cpp git checkout v1.4
svn checkout https://github.com/unittest-cpp/unittest-cpp/tags/v1.4 unittest-cpp
UnitTest++ is free software. You may copy, distribute, and modify it under the terms of the License contained in the file LICENSE distributed with this package. This license is the same as the MIT/X Consortium license.
- Patrick Johnmeyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) @pjohnmeyer
- Charles Nicholson (email@example.com) @charlesnicholson
Contributors not included in github history
- Jim Tilander
- Kim Grasman
- Jonathan Jansson
- Dirck Blaskey
- Rory Driscoll
- Dan Lind
- Matt Kimmel -- Submitted with permission from Blue Fang Games
- Anthony Moralez
- Jeff Dixon
- Randy Coulman
- Lieven van der Heide
Historic release notes
Version 1.4 (2008-10-30)
- CHECK macros work at arbitrary stack depth from inside TESTs.
- Remove obsolete TEST_UTILITY macros
- Predicated test execution (via TestRunner::RunTestsIf)
- Better exception handling for fixture ctors/dtors.
- VC6/7/8/9 support
Version 1.3 (2007-4-22)
- Removed dynamic memory allocations (other than streams)
- MinGW support
- Consistent (native) line endings
- Minor bug fixing
Version 1.2 (2006-10-29)
- First pass at documentation.
- More detailed error crash catching in fixtures.
- Standard streams used for printing objects under check. This should allow the use of standard class types such as std::string or other custom classes with stream operators to ostream.
- Standard streams can be optionally compiled off by defining UNITTEST_USE_CUSTOM_STREAMS in Config.h
- Added named test suites
- Added CHECK_ARRAY2D_CLOSE
- Posix library name is libUnitTest++.a now
- Floating point numbers are postfixed with 'f' in the failure reports
Version 1.1 (2006-04-18)
- CHECK macros do not have side effects even if one of the parameters changes state
- Removed CHECK_ARRAY_EQUAL (too similar to CHECK_ARRAY_CLOSE)
- Added local and global time constraints
- Removed dependencies on strstream
- Improved Posix signal to exception translator
- Failing tests are added to Visual Studio's error list
- Fixed Visual Studio projects to work with spaces in directories
Version 1.0 (2006-03-15)
- Initial release