Bieb: the personal book collection website
Website project based on ASP.NET MVC for managing and displaying your personal book collection on the web.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Development on this project has been discontinued as of December 2015.
See this blogpost for more information.
Note that this is a work in progress for a personal website (see primary goal, below), that also serves as an experimentation sandbox (see secondary goals, below). This code is for fun, and is certainly not guaranteed to be industrial strength. If you enjoy this code, want to add something, or have questions: leave a message!
Note on releases: we are still working towards the first www-ready release. This means that although the source is already available for anyone, there are also some important bits still missing, such as a tutorial on how to get up and running. If you are reading this and interested in getting up and running pre-release: drop us a note!
Here's what it's supposed to look like, currently:
- Creating an ASP.NET MVC website, which will showcase all the books in a personal library.
- Finding out more about Codeplex
- Experimentation sandbox for MSSQL, ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate, Ninject, html5, css3, jQuery, and Modernizr
- Experimentation sandbox for trying out competing and additional frameworks
Nice Side Effects
- Having this website project available for anyone who's interested
- Real-life events such as BBQ's and drinks to "discuss the project"