Support Browsers with Feature Detection
This project provides an API based on caniuse's API to retrieve browser support information based on features you require on the client-side.
For example, if you want your page to only render on browsers that support Transitions and Canvas, you can send in an API request to api.html5please.com and print the returned HTML as a message when the page is viewed on browsers that do not support these features.
- TODO: Add images of how it looks like on browsers with/without support
Any feature that you are looking for. Please look into the
keywords.json to find out what features are supported. Alternatively you can use the autocomplete on the site to do so.
html: the output will be valid HTML with the mimetype of
json: the output will be valid JSON with the mimetype of
xml: the output will be valid XML with the mimetype of
nocss: the HTML will not include the stylesheet.
text: the HTML will be optimized for text output.
icon: the HTML will be optimized for icon output.
supported: the JSON will only output whether the agent supports the requested features.
noagent: the JS will return results for all browsers with no agent detection.
The site that represents this project runs off
index.html and references files from
site folder. It uses SASS so please make any changes to
style.scss rather than
- @fyrd for amazing caniuse API which underlies this work
- @jonathantneal for all the magic with PHP and building a robust API on top of caniuse's data
- @aaronlayton for initial design of html output
- @divya & @paul_irish for corralling the project together