MAX7219 7 segment LED driver board
A board to make using a MAX7219 & 7 segment display with Arduino projects easy and cheap!
The board on the top is the 2-sided version. The bottom board is single-sided
- Allows for simple hookup of an LED 7-segment 4 digit display to Arduino
- Requires 3 digital pins and 5V power
- Compact design
- The single-sided version requires only a single-sided PCB, but jumpers must be used
- The double-sided version requires no jumpers but requires the ability to make dual-sided boards.
- 1-sided or 2-sided copper board
- Resistor (see http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/MAX72XXHardware to choose)
- 10 mF capacitor
- 100 nF ceramic capacitor
See the included Fritzing diagram for details.
Thanks to wayoda.org for the useful guide.
MAX7219 Board Schematics by Jeremy Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.