The Sleep Sensei
A device to help users fall asleep using calming breathing training.
- Creates a pattern of light that you match your breathing to
- Breathing rate is decreased during coaching session, so this helps ease you into sleep faster
- The maximum brightness can be adjusted on-the-fly
- 4 built-in profiles
- The initial breath length, final breath length, and session duration are adjustable for all 4 profiles
- Profile modifications are saved to the device's non-volatile memory
- One-button/knob operation
How to Use
- Set up the Sleep Sensei on a night stand or table next to your bed.
- Turn on the sleep coach and adjust its angle to either shine in your eyes or on a wall or ceiling.
- Chose a profile and start a sleep coaching session
- Follow the pattern of light with your breathing (brighter = inhale, dimmer = exhale)
- Fall asleep faster!
The Sleep Sensei is on Kickstarter!
I have been conducting a study to collect data on the Sleep Coach to see if it actually helps users fall asleep.
- Study Information
- [Study Sign-up link] (http://goo.gl/noJXXP)
- [Study Results So Far] (https://github.com/jerwil/SleepCoach/blob/master/Documentation/Data%20Summary%20-%20Round%202.pdf?raw=true)
So far I have had great success with the Sleep Sensei. I'm always looking for more study participants!
- 8 pin DIP socket (recommended)
- 220Ω resistor
- 2 10kΩ resistors
- 10 mF capacitor
- 4 red LEDs
- Rotary encoder
- Battery holder for 2 AA batteries
- Body/housing (lasercut design included in repository)
See the included Fritzing diagram (.fzz file) for details.
Sleep Sensei by Jeremy Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.