🎞 Now Playing at a Web Browser Near You 🎞
Do you find yourself browsing Netflix more than watching net flicks? Does your list of new films to watch only grow as you pop in your VHS of Star Wars again? If this sounds like you, then you've come to the right place.
📽 WatchNext 📽
WatchNext will help you eliminate the time spent surfing Netflix and Hulu and get to what matters most - watching films!
- Add to and delete movies from a watch list with ease.
- Uses AJAX for dynamic adding/deleting of movie titles.
- Search specific parameters to filter through movies in watch list, for example: "I want to watch a movie that's less than 2 hours, is a Romantic Comedy from the 1980's, and has a Rotten Tomatoes score of at least 75."
- Send your watch list to your smart phone via SMS using the Twilio API to check your list on the go.
- Just select the options you want to filter and you'll find tonight's movie!
👩🎤 Crew 👨🎤
🍿 Sneak Preview 🍿
📼 Test-Screenings 📼
The most recent deployment of WatchNext can be viewed at:
Play with the demo account:
Fork and clone WatchNext locally
Install bundler with
gem install bundler.
Install the bundle with
Create the database with
Migrate the database with
Run local server with
View locally at http://localhost:3000
.env file in the WatchNext directory.
Put the following keys and values in your
API_KEY: Your_OMDB_API_Key TWILIO_NUMBER: Your_Twilio_Phone_Number_in_a_+12345678900_Format ACCOUNT_SID: Your_Twilio_Account_SID AUTH_TOKEN: Your_Twilio_Auth_Token POSTGRES_USERNAME: Your_Postgres_Superuser_Name
To run the tests involving SMS messaging, include the Twilio test variables as well
TEST_ACCOUNT_SID: Your_Twilio_Test_Account_SID TEST_AUTH_TOKEN: Your_Twilio_Test_Auth_Token
Don't forget to put '.env' in your
🎬 Contact the Director 🎬
Please direct all inquiries to: