Automate overriding the status bars for all running iOS simulators
- Overriding status bar display settings in the iOS simulator
- A script to automate overriding iOS simulator status bar values
Xcode 11 shipped with
simctl status_bar, a tool to override the status bar values in the simulator so you can take perfect screenshots.
However, it has some issues:
- The overrides do not persist across launches of the simulator
- The numerous override options are difficult to remember
- There are no sensible defaults
This script fixes that. It overrides the status bars for all currently running simulators using "Apple's defaults" — full cellular bars, full wifi bars, full battery, and
9:41 for the time.
Released under an MIT License. See
LICENSE for details.
Copyright © 2019 Jesse Squires.