red ball is an online community that encourages adoption and fostering from a interactive social aspect. Similar to product reviews by users on Amazon, volunteers that have interacted with available dogs can leave ratings so that potential adopters can gain a better gauge of the dog's personality.
About the Project
red ball was my final project for Phase 2 of Dev Bootcamp and presented on March 13, 2015.
In Progress - April 18, 2015
- Run on Rails - Currently red ball is running on Sinatra + PostgresSQL.
- Responsive Design - For a Phase 3 final group project, I was able to learn how to make websites responsive, in particular using Bootstrap's grid system.
- Testing - Due to the time restraint, I focused on delivering the project on time, thus I didn't test anything. I'd like to practice testing in Cabybara.
- Search function- Implement pg_search, fuzzy search, or some way where user can easily find a breed without having to type out the exact breed name in the database.
- Use SASS.
- Use Angular.
- Use Petfinder API so that people can search for dogs throughout participating animal shelters in the US. Currently I am using data that I scraped from Family Dog Rescue organization in San Francisco.
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) - Create an extra page and code it with TDD.