Zeitgeist is a free software media gallery built with Sinatra.
See it in action: zeitgeist.li.
This is work in progress, come and join the fun!
- Upload image files -or-
- Submit URLs to remote images and videos
- Remote plugins:
- Image hoster URLs are detected and parsed for the image: abload, flickr, fukung, imagenetz, imageshack, imgur, picpaste, twitpic, twitter, xkcd, yfrog (easily extendable)
- Video and Audio URLs are also detected for the following sites: YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud (this also parses and stores thumbnails along with title and tags)
- Items (images, audio and videos) can be tagged and autotagged by url patterns aswell
- User registration and authentication
- Registered users can delete items they submitted
- The pHash (perceptual hash) library (and phashion ruby bindings) is used to detect duplicate submissions and is able to detect similar images that are reencoded or slightly manipulated.
- API: a simple HTTP API can be used to access zeitgeist (documented here)
- IRC: a rubybot plugin allows to access zeitgeist in many ways:
- auto-submit urls posted in channels
- multi-user authentication
- query item information like parsed title and tags
- tag, delete (own) items through the IRC interface
- Android: the app is currently in development, but the current features are:
- Endless scrolling through the gallery
- View images directly and use the YouTube app to watch videos
- Modify item taggings, including an autocompletion for tags
- Share photos from your gallery or make a snapshot and upload it directly from the app
- Authenticate with your zeitgeist account easily using a qrcode shown on the /api_secret page. (this uses the zxing barcode scanner)
- Delete your own photos from the gallery
- Use rvm or similar to install ruby 2.0.0
git clone https://github.com/jessor/zeitgeist.git zeitgeist/
gem install bundler
bundle installInstall requirements, this step requires some system libraries.
cp config.yaml.sample config.yaml
ruby zeitgeist.rbOr use shotgun, thin, or similar.
- Form Icons: Dat Nguyen, Iconfinder
- Clock, Audio Icon: Alexandre Moore, Iconfinder
- Header Ribbon: Damion Yeatman, Forrst
Zeitgeist is licensed under the GPLv2+. Please drop me a line if you use or modify it :)