A real environment-friendly, virtual environment for development on Ethereum
- Want a (real) Ethereum node running locally on your machine for development?
- Want sub-second block times?
- Don't like it when your laptop roars like it's about to take off and becomes so hot, you can literally make breakfast on it?
- Like trees, polar bears, squirrels and those weird tiny monkeys living in Amazon forests?
... then stop
being a dick mining in dev and use this Box.
- Vagrant (1.7.4 or later)
- nfsd (pre-installed on OS X, typically a simple package install on Linux)
vagrant up from wherever you cloned this, wait, then RPC the shit out of
How does this work?
Do you really give a monkey's?
- YES! https://github.com/ethcore/parity/wiki/Private-development-chain
- NO! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uUuRD_atfI