For more information including source code, issue tracker and documentation visit the project homepage:
NamedManager is an AGPL web-based DNS management system designed to make the adding, adjusting and removal of zones/records easy and reliable.
Rather than attempting to develop a new nameserver as in the case of many DNS management interfaces, NamedManager supports the tried and tested Bind nameserver, by generating Bind compatible configuration files whenever a change needs to be applied.
This also ensures that an outage of the management server web interface or SQL database will not result in any impact to DNS servers.
- Allows addition, adjusting and deletion DNS zones.
- Supports Bind 9 and pushes Bind compatible configuration and zone files to configured servers.
- Supports Amazon Route53
- Ability to import from Bind zonefile support.
- Includes a log tailer that runs on the name servers and sends back logs that are rendered in the web interface.
- SOAP API to allow other tools to hook into the interface.
- Written in PHP and uses a MySQL database backend.
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 users of the management interface.
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 forward and reverse records zones.
- Supports internationalized domain names.
docs/ Documentation, authors file, copyright/license and other information.
htdocs/ Web-based Frontend
bind/ Scripts for integrating with Bind name servers.
resources/ Sample config files, spec files, packaging tools and other bits.
sql/ Database schemea install and upgrade components.