Rust + Yew + WebAssembly codebase containing real world examples (CRUD, auth, advanced patterns, etc) that adheres to the RealWorld spec and API.
We've gone to great lengths to adhere to the Yew community styleguides & best practices.
For more information on how to this works with other frontends/backends, head over to the RealWorld repo.
How it looks
You can view a live demo over at Demo
How it works
You can view a full list of crates being used in Cargo.toml, but here are some of the main ones of note:
- yew - a modern Rust framework for creating multi-threaded frontend apps with WebAssembly.
- yew-router - a routing library for the Yew framework.
- lazy_static - a macro for declaring lazily evaluated statics in Rust.
- parking_lot - provides implementations of
- pulldown-cmark - a pull parser for CommonMark, used to parse Markdown.
- serde - a generic serialization/deserialization framework.
- chrono - date and time library for Rust.
cargo install wasm-pack
Install npm packages
npm run install
Build and develop
You can visit
http://localhost:8000in your browser now.
Build and release
npm run build
You should find static files at
crates/conduit-wasm/distfolder now, they are hosted in gh-pages branch as a demo.
Build and develop for desktop
If you're planning on targeting Linux you must ensure that Webkit2gtk is already installed and available for discovery via the pkg-config command.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev
npm run build:webview cargo run -p conduit-webview
Create Yew App
If you want to quickly setup a new Yew web app for your own, you might try Create Yew App, an unofficial tool to set up a modern Yew web app by simply running one command.
npx create-yew-app my-app cd my-app npm start
Feel free to take a look at the current issues in this repo for anything that currently needs to be worked on.
You are also welcome to open a PR or a new issue if you see something is missing or could be improved upon.
Apache License (Version 2.0)
See LICENSE for details