Game to help you learn colleague's names when you start a new job. Inspired by Zappos' name game - when employees log in, they get shown a random colleague's face and have to guess who it is.
You can play the game at http://guess-the-name-game.herokuapp.com/
It retrieves user data from Twitter (using FollowerWonk + Kimono as intermediaries) so you can try and match the names of people you know.
Overall approach: I've tried to follow TDD on this project. For every new feature, I wrote an acceptance test first and then implemented the code.
- Ember JS for client side rendering and code structure
- PhantomJS/QUnit for acceptance tests (tests/acceptance-tests)
- EmberData for retrieving data from Kimono and deserializing it into a format that can be used by Ember Models
- ember-cli-mirage for performing HTTP mock tests
- HTML5Up for responsive design boilerplate
- ember-cli to quickly generate boilerplate and run tests
Future enhancements: Test coverage is not complete: I have not written any unit tests and thus there is no coverage on the deserialization methods or adapters. I intend to correct this in the next release. There are also other feature ideas (e.g. high score system)/bug fixes outlined in the Issues list for this repo (https://github.com/jeznag/name-game/issues).
This README outlines the details of collaborating on this Ember application. A short introduction of this app could easily go here.
You will need the following things properly installed on your computer.
git clone <repository-url>this repository
- change into the new directory
Running / Development
- Visit your app at http://localhost:4200.
Make use of the many generators for code, try
ember help generate for more details
ember test --server
ember build --environment production(production)
Specify what it takes to deploy your app.