bikeR Cycling Data Analysis Library
This is a library of R code that can be used to analyze Garmin FIT files. There are a number of features that are supported by this library including:
- Computing total ascent / descent for rides / days / months / years
- Computing normalized power for a ride
- Generating power reports that contain the peak 5s, 1min, 5min, and FTP for your ride.
Update: 11/12/2015 - after over 5 years, I'm going to start work on creating an R notebook that contains the updated library with some additional analysis.
3rd Party Software
This project contains a binary, FitCSVTool.exe that was compiled from the Garmin FIT SDK, which can be found at: http://www.thisisant.com/pages/products/fit-sdk.
Want to contribute? Great! Feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you're interested in contributing.
- Fork it.
- Create a branch (
git checkout -b my_biker)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am "Added awesome new power analysis report")
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my_biker)
- Create an [Issue] with a link to your branch
- Enjoy a refreshing Diet Coke and wait