A simple shell script I run to keep my MacBook clean and patched.
What It Does:
- Prompt For Password If Not Root
- Deletes Saved Wireless Networks
- Installs Needed System Updates
- Empties The Trash
- Deletes All System Logs
- Deletes The QuickLook files
- Updates And Cleans Homebrew
- Cleans Ruby
- Removes All Docker Containers
- Purges Memory
- Removes known_hosts file.
- Securely Wipes Free-space
- Review for your preferences and comment out options You dont want.
workssidvariable to stop from deleting those!
chmod +x maid.sh ./maid.sh
I likely dont know what I am doing and this could be done faster, better and simpler some other way. These scripts could also break your MacBook and make you cry.