MacOS Security Baseline
This is a simple shell script that configures some of the most commonly recommended MacOS security settings that are not enabled by default.
What It Does:
- Deletes Saved Wireless Networks.
- Requires Password Immediately After Sleep.
- Turns On Firewall.
- Enables Stealth Mode.
- Disables Remote Login
- Installs Needed System Updates.
- Enables Automatic Updates
- Validates System Integrity Protection is enabled.
- Enables Full Disk Encryption.
Note: Script Will Prompt For Password If Not Root.
- Review for your preferences and comment out options You don't want.
workssidvariable to stop from deleting these!
- Warning: This script does not ask before making changes.
chmod +x security-baseline.sh ./security-baseline.sh
I likely don't know what I am doing, and this could be done faster, better and simpler some other way. These scripts could also break your MacBook and make you cry.