This project began as a learning tool I used to learn about SBT and deploying scala applications to Google App Engine.
The notes I was taking became the content of this application. So far I have writen up the following topics:
- DevelopmentEnvironment Installing the tools required to set up a development environment for writing applications with Scala, SBT, Intellij and App Engine.
- CreateProject Creating a new project with SBT and IntelliJ integration.
- SimpleWebApplication Creating a simple web application and deploying it to the local development server.
- SomeScala Adding a scala servlet to the web application.
- IntroducingTextile Using textile to render HTML. Also provides an example of SBT`s dependency management.
- ServingMultiplePages Adding the ability to render multiple textile documents.
- CachingContent Using app engine`s MemCacheService API and HTTP etags to implement caching.
- DynamicContent Using app engine`s DataStoreService API to allow users to update content forming a basic wiki application.
Hopefully someone finds this useful.
The application is deployed here: