Python tool for post analysis and visualisation of NorESM CAM diagnostics files
Written and tested in Python 3
In the following, all requirement packages are listed including version specifications, for which the tools were developed.
- pandas >= 0.23.0
- matplotlib >= 2.2.2
- seaborn >= 0.8.1
- numpy >= 1.14.0
- ipywidgets >= 7.2.1 (for interactive features -> see widgets.py)
- urllib (for direct downloads of ascii tables -> see notebook download_tables.ipynb)
- csv (for direct downloads of ascii tables -> see notebook download_tables.ipynb)
Please clone or download the repository. Please make sure that you have all requirements installed and open the jupyter notebook app.
$ jupyter notebook
This should open the notebook app in your default browser. From there, open one of the analysis notebook tools (currently it contains only one: analysis_tool.ipynb) and follow the instructions in the introduction section.
Preparation of tables
You can download them manually or use notebook download_tables.ipynb for creating local copies of result tables (based on a list of provided URL's)
Additional source files
The tool(s) make use of additional functions and classes that can be found in the additional source files:
- helper_funcs.py: functions for I/O, processing, analysis and visualisation of tables.
- widgets.py: interactive features (currently not used)
Python source files (.py) and notebooks (.ipynb) can be found in the top level directory. The repository contains two further directories:
Contains additional configuration files. Currently
var_groups.ini: use this file to specify groups of variables, that you want to use in the analysis notebook
var_info.csv: use this file to assign more intuitive short names to variable IDs.
Contains 6 example tables that are used in the post analysis notebooks for illustration purposes.