Building pandoc on a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B
Clone this wiki locally
The following guide is written for Raspberry Pi 1 Model B. YMMV on other models including the newer one.
The pandoc supplied by Raspbian is rather old (188.8.131.52) The last version you can build is 1.11.1 but this is still an improvement. Here is how to do it:
- You need a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B with 512 MB Ram
- You need an 8 GB (or larger) SD Card
raspi-confgto set the Memory split to 16 (You can change back to 64 later)
- Set swap to 500 MB (
sudo apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
- Boot into console mode (no X)
- If you have any services running (Samba, Hostapd, Apache, ... ) stop them.
sudo apt-get haskell-platform
- You may want to edit
.cabal/confignow and set
False, remove the
--to uncomment. Otherwise the newly build packages are only available for the user who build them.
cabal install pandoc-1.11.1this will take hours, be warned.
- You may now want to install texlive, the full version will take up 3.5 GB but the small version should do for pandoc.