This image runs a telnettable Renegade BBS server inside Docker.
It is based upon:
- My DOSEMU environment for Docker
- My general BBS template, jgoerzen/dos-bbs and the dos-bbs-balance
- The Renegade BBS
This provides the full v1.20 setup in Drive G:.
Install and Run
You can install with:
docker pull jgoerzen/bbs-renegade
And run with:
docker run -d -p 5901:5901 -p 23:23 --name bbs-renegade jgoerzen/bbs-renegade
Accessing and general commands
For details, see the dos-bbs generic info.
This image is built upon the extensive collection in jgoerzen/dos-bbs. Please see that page for details on DOS and the underlying configuration.
Renegade itself is installed in
See the jgoerzen/dos-bbs documentation for more.
VNC console and telnet ports
The jgoerzen/dos-bbs will describe this. Please refer to it.
The node basically does this to start up a Renegade instance:
h: cd ADF lh adf COM1 3F8 4 115200 8192 8192 8 (load the FOSSIL driver) g: cd rg renegade -N3 -Q -B115200 (where 3 is the node number)
You can start up the DOS console with
dosconsole. To access the Renegade
config system, run the above commands, except at the end, omit the
You can connect to the local BBS with ATDTlocalhost.
Docker scripts, etc. are Copyright (c) 2017 John Goerzen All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHORS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Additional software copyrights as noted.