home-assistant (hass / homeassistant) image for Docker
This is a home-assistant image for Docker. Compared to the official image, this image:
- Will get automatic security updates to base OS components (though not all the additional components home-assistant installs)
- Has proper support for certbot for free Let's Encrypt SSL certificates, thanks to its proper support for cron
- Properly installs the hass tool (to /usr/local/bin)
- Runs as the hass user instead of root
This is a
image. Please see the important instructions at the
docker-debian-base homepage for information on proper
docker run paramaters. The timezone can be set through this system.
The home-assistant.io docker installation instructions mostly still apply as well. One other difference is that logging will be to /var/log/homeassistant instead of to /config and stdout.
Docker scripts, etc. are Copyright (c) 2018 John Goerzen All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHORS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Additional software copyrights as noted.