Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to hpodder
Welcome to hpodder. Hpodder is a tool to scan and download podcasts. Such tools are often called podcatchers.
hpodder is a command-line tool for Linux and other POSIX systems (FreeBSD, MacOS X, etc). It has quite a few features. A few highlights are that it is easy to learn and use, has automatic discovery of feed metadata, and can import iPodder settings.
John Goerzen no longer listens to podcasts, and doesn’t have much time to maintain this software. A new maintainer is being sought. In the interim, well-tested patches may still be applied but there isn’t enough time for anything else.
- The hpodder Manual (HTML, PDF). Includes:
- Feature list
- Description of how to use hpodder
- ScreenShots of hpodder
- Download the hpodder source — click Files above
Downloads: Source and Binaries
- Source releases are available from the Hackage page
- The latest development trees are available via the Github project page
- You can find Debian packages from the hpodder Debian Page.
- RPMs and packages for many other Linux and BSD distributions are also included with your distribution.
Contributing to hpodder
You can always download the source from the Downloads page and attach diffs. But it’s far better, both for you and for me, if you use Git.