GPM Installation (Preferred)
The simplest way to install this theme is via the Grav Package Manager (GPM) through your system's terminal (also called the command line). From the root of your Grav install type:
bin/gpm install editorial
This will install the Editorial theme into your
/user/themes directory within Grav. Its files can be found under
To install this theme, just download the zip version of this repository and unzip it under
/your/site/grav/user/themes. Then, rename the folder to
editorial. You can find these files on GitHub or via GetGrav.org.
Enable the Editorial theme, either via the Admin plugin at admin/themes or in the system.yaml file under pages.theme.
pages: theme: editorial
Do not directly edit the editorial.yaml file found in the theme folder. Copy the editorial.yaml file to user/config/themes and edit the new file there.
- Theme Slogan (optional) - Used to add additional text to the site name at the top of the page.
- Contact Information - Complete the form and the contact information will display in the sidebar.
- Social Icons (optional) - Add the full URL to a social platform, and an icon/link will automatically display on the top of the page.
The latest three pages tagged with the category "featured" will automatically display in a mini-listing in the sidebar with teaser images and summaries. The current page, if featured, will not display in that listing.
- Add a page for all featured pages.
- Readd the older IE stylesheets/ js.
- Instructions for editing sass files.