What is MobileOrg?
MobileOrg is a FREE (open-source) iPhone and iPod Touch application for storing, searching, viewing and editing your Org-mode files.
MobileOrg works offline. Although you may not always be online, you can always access your data. You can even capture notes while offline and sync the next time you have connectivity.
MobileOrg feature overview
- Support for Dropbox or WebDAV as a transfer mechanism
- Org files are stored offline and available anywhere
- Complete editing support, including editable headings, body text, todo state, tags and priority.
- Note-taking facility built in, including offline support
- Full-text search, or search by keyword (TODO, DONE, WAITING) or by tag (errand, office)
- Mark nodes as done, or flag them with an optional note for reference later
- Document view of your outlines, for reading document-style Org files with long body text
- Powerful support for linking between Org files
Org-mode has built-in support for MobileOrg (or any other mobile client that may come along in the future and use the same asymmetric synchronization approach).
- A simple org-mobile-push will stage your complete set of Org-files for
MobileOrg to pick them up. The result includes:
- An Org file representing all of your custom agenda views
- Automatic checksum file construction to speed up sync
- Automatic index.org file generation with links to all of your Org files
- A powerful org-mobile-pull command, which will integrate changes you’ve made on the go into a local Org file
MobileOrg is thanks to the following:
- Richard Moreland
- Carsten Dominik
- Greg Newman
- Christophe Bataillon
- Joseph Wain of glyphish.com
- Sean Escriva
- Alex Rodich
- Gautam Guliani
- Rahul Jha
MobileOrg is distributed under the GNU Public License version 2. See LICENSE.txt for more info.