WARNING: This project is no longer supported. Please check out http://github.com/appcelerator/ioslib for replacement that works with the latest XCode.
The ios-sim tool is a command-line utility that launches an iOS application on the iOS Simulator. This allows for niceties such as automated testing without having to open XCode.
This fork fixes a dynamic loading problem when running Xcode 4.3. To use:
- Download the ios-sim-xcode43.tar.gz file from the Download section above.
- Extract the ios-sim executable and copy it to TITANIUM_HOME/mobilesdk/osx/1.8.1/iphone/ios-sim.
- Make sure you have run "sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer" to set the new path to the developer tools.
Clean your build directory and rebuild!
- Choose the device family to simulate, i.e. iPhone or iPad.
- Setup environment variables.
- Pass arguments to the application.
- See the stdout and stderr, or redirect them to files.
--help option for more info.
$ brew install ios-sim
Download an archive:
$ curl -L https://github.com/Fingertips/ios-sim/zipball/1.3 -o ios-sim-1.3.zip $ unzip ios-sim-1.3.zip
Or from a git clone:
$ git clone git://github.com/Fingertips/ios-sim.git
Then build and install from the source root:
$ rake install prefix=/usr/local/
Original author: Landon Fuller firstname.lastname@example.org Copyright (c) 2008-2011 Plausible Labs Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.
This project is available under the MIT license. See LICENSE.