A Python Client for the Jolokia JMX Agent
Jolokia is a JMX-HTTP bridge giving an alternative to JSR-160 connectors. It is an agent based approach with support for many platforms. In addition to basic JMX operations it enhances JMX remoting with unique features like bulk requests or fine grained security policies.
To create a working directory for this project, follow these steps on a POSIX system:
git clone "https://github.com/jhermann/jmx4py.git" cd "jmx4py" . .env --yes --develop invoke build --docs test check
.env script creates a virtualenv and
installs the necessary tools into it.
See the script for details.
Now you can explore the API by simply issuing the following command:
For that to succeed, you must also have a working Java + Maven environment, since a small test application is built and then started in the background, so you can work against a live JVM.
See CONTRIBUTING for more.
TODO: pip install / dh-virtualenv
jmx4py offers the following command line tools... TODO
For using jmx4py from Python, consult the API documentation available at TODO
Known Limitations & Issues
- The API is subject to change for 0.x, until enough practical experience is gained.
- Only Jolokia 1.0 and up (Protocol v6) is supported.
- GET requests aren't supported.
- Bulk requests aren't supported.
- Python 2.7 is used for development, and 2.7 and 3.4 are tested in continuous integration.