Josh's PowerShell collection
A collection of PowerShell scripts, tooling, and some of my modules.
Mostly related to some of my projects, my work, or just a post in my blog.
I no longer run or use on any Premises Exchange, Skype for Business, or any other Office-Server.
I know that they decided to reverse that changes!
I will no longer maintain the scripts related to Microsoft Office-Servers. They will remain here, but unmaintained. I will not develop any new Microsoft Office-Servers related stuff, but sometimes I might release something I created in a project.
Fork the repository and maintain or extend them if you like to. The License allows that easily.
My own small consulting business is now cloud native, and I pay the regular price for the Microsoft 365, and Azure services. Like I do for some Amazon AWS services. But I also decided to drop the Microsoft Partner Programm (after the old silver status expired and I started my new small consulting business) and let all the certifications expire.
Nothing offensive, nothing against Microsoft! A result of the pressure that the announcement of Microsoft generated on my old business.
Some, or better most, of the stuff here was a function.
This is because I like functions more (my personal preference). I converted some to single files.
You can convert them back if you like.
Why so detailed?
I was asked why all my scripts contain so many comments, and why they are so well formatted... I hope you do not just download them and let them run (What is dangerous anyway).
They should show you how to build and create your own tooling!
That is the main reason why I try to avoid the usage of aliases within my scripts and use splatting to make them more human readable.
Why in general?
Many ask me that question! The answer is simple: "I like to contribute back to the community!"
The long answer: "I still try to automate all the things! And I love to show what PowerShell can do... As a result, I started to publish a lot of code. Things I build, things I like, or just things I found interesting to build :-)"
Found a bug or Issue?
If you find something bad (like a bug, error, or any issue), please report it here by open an Issue.
Or even better: Fork the Repository, fix it and submit a pull request, so others can participate too!
See the Contribution Guide for more details!
More then welcome!
Please see the Contribution Guide for more details!
Any idea: Looking for a code signing certificate
I still search for a free code signing certificate for my open-source projects. So, does anyone know a source?
Even if there is no "free" version for my open-source projects, I would also pay for a valid certificate (again).
However, most of the sources I found are not cheap!
Does anyone know a cheap source for a signing certificate?
In my opinion: All the stuff here should be free, and the license should be as flexible as possible.
BSD 3-Clause License
Copyright (c) 2021, enabling Technology All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
By using the Software, you agree to the License, Terms and Conditions above!
- Use at your own risk, etc.
- This is open-source software, if you find an issue try to fix it yourself. There is no support and/or warranty in any kind
- This is a third-party Software
- The developer of this Software is NOT sponsored by or affiliated with Microsoft Corp (MSFT) or any of its subsidiaries in any way
- The Software is not supported by Microsoft Corp (MSFT)
- By using the Software, you agree to the License, Terms, and any Conditions declared and described above
- If you disagree with any of the terms, and any conditions declared: Just delete it and build your own solution