A customized fork to use haml as default template language
Suspenders is the base Rails application used at thoughtbot.
First install the suspenders gem:
gem install suspenders
This will create a Rails 3.1 app in `projectname'. This script creates a new new git repository. It is not meant to be used against an existing repo.
To see the latest and greatest gems, look at Suspenders' template/Gemfile_additions, which will be appended to the default generated projectname/Gemfile.
It includes application gems like:
- Paperclip for file uploads
- Formtastic for better forms
- Airbrake for exception notification
- Flutie for default CSS styles
- Bourbon for classy sass mixins
- Clearance for authentication
And testing gems like:
- RSpec for awesome, readable isolation testing
- Factory Girl for easier creation of test data
- Shoulda Matchers for frequently needed Rails and RSpec matchers
- Timecop for dealing with time
- Bourne and Mocha for stubbing and spying
- email_spec for testing emails.
Suspenders also comes with:
- Rails' flashes set up and in application layout.
- A few nice time formats.
You can optionally create Heroku staging and production apps:
suspenders app --heroku true
This has the same effect as running:
heroku create app-staging --remote staging --stack cedar heroku create app-production --remote production --stack cedar
You can optionally not include Clearance:
suspenders app --clearance false
Some gems included in Suspenders have native extensions. You should have GCC installed on your machine before generating an app with Suspenders.
If you're running OS X, we recommend the GCC OSX installer.
Instructions for installing QT on most systems are available here.
If you have problems, please create a Github issue.
Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for details.
Suspenders is maintained and funded by thoughtbot, inc
The names and logos for thoughtbot are trademarks of thoughtbot, inc.
Suspenders is Copyright © 2008-2011 thoughtbot. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.