CopperEgg RevealCloud Agent
- Chef cookbook for the RevealCloud collector agent.
- Requires a CopperEgg account to use. Free trial available.
- Any Linux 2.6+ OS, including: Ubuntu, Debian, Vyatta, RedHat Enterprise, CentOS, Fedora, Amazon, SuSE, openSuSE, Gentoo, and many derivatives.
- FreeBSD 7.x+
default[:copperegg][:apikey]= Your API Key available from the RevealCloud App Settings Page.
default[:copperegg][:tags]= A comma separated list of tags to apply. Optional. Manage your tags.
default[:copperegg][:label]= Label to apply in place of hostname when displaying in the dashboard. WARNING: If you want the same label applied to multiple systems, you may want to consider tags instead. This is most useful if you intend a recipe for a single server. Optional.
default[:copperegg][:proxy]= Proxy server required to talk to the revealcloud api servers, such as
myproxy.mycorp.com:8080. Optional. Leave blank unless you know what you are doing.
- Download into your chef-repo, either manually from the community chef webpage or:
knife cookbook site download revealcloud
- Set your apikey as described in the
revealcloud/attributes/default.rband change YOUR_USER_API_KEY to be correct.
- Set any other optional attributes described above, as desired.
- Upload the cookbook to your chef server or hosted chef:
knife cookbook upload -a -o revealcloud
recipe[revealcloud]in the run_list for all of your servers.
knife node run_list add NODES 'recipe[revealcloud]'
- Run chef-client on your nodes in whatever manner suits you, such as
sudo chef-clientor a batch job.
- View your systems within 10 seconds in the RevealCloud App
License and Author
Author:: Ross Dickey
Copyright 2012, CopperEgg, Inc.
No License. Redistribution encouraged.