A personal lyrics management tool for my music library. Note that this is just a quick and dirty tool for my own needs, I paid no attention to code quality or ease of use.
How it works:
- Scans my music library (specified in settings.py) for any .mp3 files
- Fetches the title and artist from ID3 tags in the .mp3 file using mutagen.
- Checks the database for any matching lyrics with the same title and artist name.
- If there are no matching lyrics, it searches google for the lyrics, converting the title from japanese to romaji using pykakasi if nessisary.
- Using a list of defined scrapers for various site, fetch the lyrics from page source and store it in the data base.
- Set the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag for my .mp3 files using mutagen.
Also features an admin page that allows me to bulk edit lyrics to fix/clean up any thing that doesn't look right.