Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
1.0.3 (Pending Release)
- Add region search by type with Carmen::RegionCollection#typed (alessandro1997)
- Freeze regions arrays (j15e)
- Add Rangpur bibha, Bangladesh (ecbypi)
- Add Telegana, India (ecbypi)
- Replace use of UnicodeUtils with ActiveSupport (eikes)
- Update data from upstream sources.
- Fix spelling errors for French subregions (hugolantaume)
- Fix spelling errors for Spanish subregions (nudzg)
- Added missing nl translations for bq, cw, ss and sx (brtdv)
- Moved translations into locale/overlay from locale/base. Base is only for data from iso_codes.
- Changed the official name of Taiwan to Republic of China.
- Fixed the name of Vietnam.
- Add local files for Bangla language (tauhidul35)
1.0.0 (April 20, 2013)
- Avoid raising an exception when calling Querying#coded with a nil code
- Fix a bug where adding additional data paths caused an error when looking up localized names in the base locale data (seangaffney)
- Add Country#numeric_code (stevenharman)
- Fix the name of Lima (goddamnhippie)
- Add south Sudan Swedish translation (barsoom)
- Add Russian translations of Russian Federation (Envek)
- Fix a regression in the localization of Taiwan from the 1.0 rewrite.
- Fix a bug where empty locale files would prevent access to the base data.
- Add a way to ship overlayed data sets with Carmen to allow for differences from the upstream data source.
- Remove Puerto Rico from the list of countries as it is a subregion.
- Restore the naming of Taiwan after a regression to an outdated name.
- Added La Rioja to the list of subregions of Argentina (njacobs1)
- Added APO states to US subregions.
- Updated version numbering and pushed 1.0.0pre to v1.0.0.
- Merged in updates to German locations, via a patch from @leifg
- Complete rewrite. New data source and API. Extracting Rails view
helpers into seperate gem.
- Republish the gem with Ruby 1.8.7.
- Remove Jeweler and release new version.
- Generate the gem with Ruby 1.8.7 to try to fix YAML library
- Preserve order of priority_countries in country_select (castiglione)
- Add Finnish localization (marjakapyaho)
- Update a few contru names to match ISO naming (belt)
- Fall back to default locale if selected locale is missing (twinge)
- Added Russian country translations (grlm)
- Added South Sudan as a country (edshadi)
- Renamed Libyan Arab Jamahiriya to Libya (mdimas)
- Fixed an issue where trying find a country for a blank string would
match everything (smathieu)
- Added Italian country names (Arkham)
- Add Polish, slovak and czech translations (Pajk)
- Various corrections to country names (wolframarnold)
- Add Chinese counties (liwh)
- Add Dutch province names (ariejan)
- Add Saint Barthelemy (BL) and Saint Martin (French Part) (MF) (nengxu)
- Add Japanese countries localization (bonsaiben)
- Prevent Carmen::state_name('NO','NO') from crashing (mhourahine)
- Change "Taiwan, Province of China" to "Taiwan" (camilleroux)
- Add spanish translation for countries (federomero)
- Use a shorter name for US Armed Forces States (cgs)
- Added Gujarat to the list of states in India (swaroopch)
- Added American Samoa to the list of US States
- Added Dutch country translations (Arie)
- Added Kosovo to German Translation (Christopher Thorpe)
- Added the ability to list countries at the top of the list (jjthrash)
- Added country names in Hindi (sukeerthiadiga)
- Suppress a deprecation warning in Rails 3 (anupamc)
- Remove init.rb altogether and use requires under Rails
- Added Indian states and union territories (orthodoc)
- Data corrections (mikepinde)
- Fixed autoloading under Rails 3
- Added state and country exclusion (kalafut)
- Added regions for New Zealand (yehezkielbs)
- Merge in Maximilian Schulz's locale fork, refactor internals to better support locales, and update documentation.
- Remove Carmen::STATES and Carmen::COUNTRIES constants in favor of module instance variables and proper accessors.
- Add a test_helper and remove dependency on RubyGems.
- DEPRECATE Carmen::COUNTRIES in favor of Carmen.countries