Tiny SEO Plugin
Tiny SEO is a plugin for Grav CMS that provide a simple way to manage SEO from admin.
Installing the Tiny SEO plugin can be done in one of two ways. The GPM (Grav Package Manager) installation method enables you to quickly and easily install the plugin with a tiny terminal command, while the manual method enables you to do so via a zip file.
GPM Installation (Preferred)
The tinyst way to install this plugin is via the Grav Package Manager (GPM) through your system's terminal (also called the command line). From the root of your Grav install type:
bin/gpm install tinyseo
This will install the Tiny SEO plugin into your
/user/plugins directory within Grav. Its files can be found under
To install this plugin, just download the zip version of this repository and unzip it under
/your/site/grav/user/plugins. Then, rename the folder to
tinyseo. You can find these files on GitHub or via GetGrav.org.
You should now have all the plugin files under
If you use the admin plugin, you can install directly through the admin plugin by browsing the
Plugins tab and clicking on the
Before configuring this plugin, you should copy the
user/config/plugins/tinyseo.yaml and only edit that copy.
Here is the default configuration and an explanation of available options:
enabled: true meta_robots: index: true follow: true noindex: false nofollow: false noimageindex: false description_length: 200 truncate_break: world twitter_card_type: summary_large_image
You just have to enable the plugin and configure your default settings to auto generate seo tags. You can see the result by looking at the source in the browser.
Robots meta directives (sometimes called “meta tags”) are pieces of code that provide crawlers instructions for how to crawl or index web page content. Whereas robots.txt file directives give bots suggestions for how to crawl a website's pages, robots meta directives provide more firm instructions on how to crawl and index a page's content.
You can choose between 5 mode:
- index: Tells a search engine to index a page. Note that you don’t need to add this meta tag; it’s the default.
- follow: Even if the page isn’t indexed, the crawler should follow all the links on a page and pass equity to the linked pages.
- noindex: Tells a search engine not to index a page.
- nofollow: Tells a crawler not to follow any links on a page or pass along any link equity.
- noimageindex: Tells a crawler not to index any images on a page.
The default description lengh is used to auto generate meta description for a page.
Truncate break define how auto generate meta description should be truncate after description length.
You can choose between 3 mode:
- at character: break at description length exactly. word may be broken at any character
- at the end of word: break at description length to the closest word end. prevent word break
- at the end of sentence: break at description length to the closest sentence end. prevent sentence break
The default image is used as a callback if the page doesn't contain any image.
The site title is used to auto generate meta title.
Twitter card Type
The twitter card design to use when a page is shared.
You can choose between 2 mode:
- summary: The Summary Card can be used for many kinds of web content, from blog posts and news articles, to products and restaurants. It is designed to give the reader a preview of the content before clicking through to your website.
- summary large image: The Summary Card with Large Image features a large, full-width prominent image alongside a tweet. It is designed to give the reader a rich photo experience, and clicking on the image brings the user to your website.
Your twiter username is used to add twitter meta.
Facebook App ID
Your facebook app ID is used to add twitter meta.
Override default settings on specific page
If Tiny Seo is correctly configured and enabled you will see a new SEO tab when editing a page in the admin.
In this tab each field have a placeholder that reflect the actual default value generated by Tiny Seo.
To override the default value simply fill the corresponding field.
To get default value back simply remove you input.