A fork of the NetSparkle CodePlex repository
From the CodePlex page
NetSparkle is an easy-to-use software update framework for .NET developers on Windows, MAC or Linux. It was inspired by the Sparkle (http://bit.ly/HWyJd) project for Cocoa developers and the WinSparkle (http://bit.ly/cj5kP5) project (a Win32 port).
The main project's webpage is on CodePlex.
NetSparkle is MIT-Licensed Mit License
- Visual Studio 2010
- NLog (included in lib/, you may want to update).
I forked NetSparkle because I had some requirements for a client program that weren't easily met by the standard version.
- This version allows for a custom UI instead of the two Windows Forms dialog
- Allows for one-time check for updates instead of running on a loop
- Allows for custom configuration objects instead of reading/writing to the registry
- Refactored the diagnostic to use NLog instead of a custom filestream
- Refactored exiting the application to fire an event for shutdown instead of
An incomplete list of other projects that might be more suitable for you: