FanFicFare makes reading stories from various websites much easier by helping you download them to EBook files.
FanFicFare was previously known as FanFictionDownLoader (AKA FFDL, AKA fanficdownloader).
Download FanFiction stories from over 100 different sites. into ebooks.
Update previously downloaded EPUB format ebooks, downloading only new chapters.
Get Story URLs from Web Pages.
Support for downloading images in the story text. (EPUB and HTML only -- download EPUB and convert to AZW3 for Kindle) More details on configuring images in stories and cover images can be found in the FAQs or this post in the old FFDL thread.
Support for cover image. (EPUB only)
Optionally keep an Update Log of past updates (EPUB only).
There's additional info in the project wiki pages.
This program is available as:
- A Calibre plugin from within Calibre or directly from the plugin discussion thread, or;
- A Command Line Interface (CLI) Python package that you can install with:
pip install FanFicFare
- As of late November 2019, the web service version is shutdown. See the Wiki Home page for details.
FanFicFare is released roughly every month, but new test versions are posted more frequently as changes are made.
Test versions are available at:
- The test plugin is posted at MobileRead.
- The test version of CLI for pip install is uploaded to the testpypi repository and can be installed with:
pip install --extra-index-url https://testpypi.python.org/pypi --upgrade FanFicFare
Other versions may be available depending on your OS. I(JimmXinu) don't directly support these:
- Arch Linux: The CLI can also be obtained on Arch Linux from the OS repositories:
pacman -S fanficfare
...or from git via the AUR package (which will also update the calibre plugin, if calibre is installed).