Cloud-Native Neural Search Framework for Any Kind of Data
Jina is geared towards building search systems for any kind of data, including text, images, audio, video and many more. With the modular design & multi-layer abstraction, you can leverage the efficient patterns to build the system by parts, or chaining them into a Flow for an end-to-end experience.
pip install -U jina
docker run jinaai/jina:latest
📦 More installation options
x86/64,arm/v6,v7,v8 (Apple M1)
|On Linux/macOS & Python 3.7/3.8/3.9||Docker Users|
Version identifiers are explained here. To install Jina with extra dependencies please refer to the docs. Jina can run on Windows Subsystem for Linux. We welcome the community to help us with native Windows support.
💡 YAML Completion in PyCharm & VSCode
Developing Jina app often means writing YAML configs. We provide a JSON Schema for your IDE to enable code completion, syntax validation, members listing and displaying help text. Here is a video tutorial to walk you through the setup.
Run Quick Demo
👗Fashion image search:
jina hello fashion
pip install "jina[chatbot]" && jina hello chatbot
pip install "jina[multimodal]" && jina hello multimodal
- What is neural search, and how is it different to symbolic search?
- Jina 101: Learn Jina's key components
- Jina 102: Learn how Jina's components fit together
- My First Jina App: Build your first simple app
Brand new to neural search? See a simple text-search example to understand how Jina works
Index more effectively by adding incremental indexing to your Wikipedia search
Get a better understanding of chunks by searching a lyrics database. Now with shiny front-end!
Use SOTA visual representation for searching Pokémon!
A demo of neural search for audio data based Vggish model.
Use prefetching and sharding to improve the performance of your index and query Flow when searching animated GIFs.
Check our examples repo for advanced and community-submitted examples.
Documentation & Support
- Docs: https://docs.jina.ai
- Join our Slack community to chat to our engineers about your use cases, questions, and support queries.
- Join our Engineering All Hands meet-up to discuss your use case and learn Jina's new features.
- Subscribe to the latest video tutorials on our YouTube channel.
We welcome all kinds of contributions from the open-source community, individuals and partners. We owe our success to your active involvement.
- Contributing guidelines
- Code of conduct - play nicely with the Jina community
- Good first issues
- Release cycles and development stages
- Upcoming features - what's being planned, what we're thinking about.