This playground is strictly to demo, lab, and understand. This is not intended to be used in production. If you intend to use this, please secure the environment. Use this to load up Jupyter notebooks to learn, test, and grab various code snippets to use in your own scripts or notebooks. Please contribute any of your notebooks you think would help others.
|Take me to the||Description|
|Free Playground||This is the easy button to start hammering out the workbooks without having to mess with docker or making your own local jupyter notebook locally. (Hosted by Mybinder.org)|
|Notebook Library||My library of notebooks I have made. Please contribute any cool notebooks you have made and share to others!|
|Jupyter Notebook Tutorial Workbooks||The best way to learn is to get your hands dirty. Load up the notebooks yourself or code with me by following the playlist corresponding to the workbook.|
|Youtube PowerShell Playlist||Watch me work through the workbooks on Youtube and follow along with the workbooks as I walk through each chapter.|
|PowerShellBook PDF||This tutorial was sourced from the great work done by http://GoalKicker.com/PowerShellBook and the beautiful people in the Stack Overflow community.|
- 2/10/2021 - Updated custom modules and also added docker notebooks for future tutorials
- 2/8/2021 - Renamed it Jupyter Playground to accomodate Rust and future languages I want to build content for. Fixing jupyter-lab github module and adding rust notebook. Also changing title to jupyterlab-playground since more code samples will be added from other languages.
- 7/13/2020 - Added Chapter 11 and Video Tutorial
- 7/3/2020 - Updated Chapter 9 and Added Chapter 10 Tutorial guide with embedded videos Link to folder here
- 7/2/2020 - Added Chapter 8,9 Tutorial guide with embedded videos Link to folder here
- 7/1/2020 - Added Chapter 6,7 Tutorial Guide with embedded videos too Link to folder here
- 6/30/2020 - Added Chapter 3,4, and 5 Tutorial Guide with embedded videos too Link to folder here
- 6/27/2020 - Adding Chapter 2 Tutorial Guide with complimentary explainer videos Chapter 2 - Variables in Powershell
- 6/27/2020 - Added Chapter 1 Tutorial Guide with complimentary videos Chapter 1 - Getting started with PowerShell
- Added Azure Sentinel Notebooks to query Sentinel from powershell via REST API. Tested both Device Code and Personal access key and successfully queried. Still need to be charts.
To get started with the playground, click on the launch binder link or goto PowerShellPlayground.com. It should load an environment on Mybinders.com which is a free cloud hosted notebook that will clone this repository.
To run your own Jupyter Notebook locally using docker.
docker run -p 8888:8888 teachjing/jupyter-playground:latest add --user=root if you want sudo access to install whatever other stuff you want.
or you can clone the github repo and navigate to the docker folder.
- docker build --tag powershellplayground . - docker run -p 8888:8888 powershellplayground
Access it on http://localhost:8888 (There is not much security and the intent was to make it easy to play in this sandbox). Please make the necessary security improvements.
Please reach out to Jing on LinkedIn if you want to contribute.