Vrome - Bringing Vim's elegance to Chrome
Vrome is a Vim keybindings extension for Chrome. Designed to provide a more efficient browsing experience, Vrome comes with its own additions that will surprise you.
Vim and Vimperator/Pentadactyl users will feel right at home.
- URL navigation
- Tab manipulation
- Key Marks + bookmarks
- Page navigation + Scrolling + Zoom + Search
- External editor support
- and much, much more
- Chrome does not allow extensions to run in the Chrome Webstore, Settings/Extensions page or "New Tab" page!
- Vrome is an open-source project. We do not log your personal information! All required permissions are used for features. You can check the source code here: http://github.com/jinzhu/vrome
- After install/upgrade, please refresh all tabs to enable all/new Vrome features. Tip: use "<C-r>" (Control + R) to refresh a tab, then try Vrome command "R" to refresh all tabs.
- Please enable Vrome in incognito mode in order to use commands that require incognito. Check chrome://extensions page.
<F1>for Help page.
- (Recommended) Install the latest stable Vrome from Chrome Web Store. Afterwards, extension will be automatically updated when a new version is available!
- (Manual) From source:
- Make sure ruby, npm, git are installed
git clone git://github.com/jinzhu/vrome.git
- Install coffee-script with npm
npm install -g coffee-script
- Install Bundler with rubygems
gem install bundler
bundle exec rake build
- Load this extension from chrome://extensions/ page
Like Vrome? Improve it by:
- Star it in GitHub!
- Rate Vrome in Chrome Web Store!
- Submit Issues/Features/Ideas to GitHub Issue Tracker!
- Tell about Vrome to your friends via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Blog, YouTube...
- Donate Vrome Development! Paypal, AliPay
- Install Vrome from source
bundle exec guard
- That's all, all changes you made will apply to your browser automatically!
Find more information in our WIKI