Monologue: the changelog!
(for upgrade information, see UPGRADE.md)
- Rails 4 only
- Change of syntax for configuration. Please use Monologue::Config instead of the old Monologue module
- move the user_id column from Monologue::PostRevision to Monologue::Post.
- Portuguese, Italian and Spanish translations were added! You can now use Monologue in either French, English, Romanian, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish
- Remove revisions
- Preview using Ajax
- User management
- bug fixes & cleanup
- all the previsous features from 0.2.0.beta
- Romanian translations were added, thanks to mixandgo. You can now use Monologue in either French, English or Romanian!
- few bug fixes
- IMPORTANT: add cache management config and UI. Please review the new config options!
- first extension available: monologue-markdown
- add tags
- add a UI to manage current user's account (welcome in 2012, you can now change your password!)
- add RSS icon
- add social icons
- add Gaug.es tags
- there is now a sidebar: you can put the latest posts, tweets or whatever you want! Kinda simple system but efficient enough for now. Included: tag cloud, categories (tag), latest posts and tweets.
- front page articles are now more cleverly truncated
- a few Deface hooks (data-monologue attribute) were added to the admin layout (for the menu)
- update admin UI with newest Twitter Boostrap (v2.1.1)
- visual look has been slightly updated (Hey, designers, want to help on Monologue next design? You're "hired"!) Preview
- add support for Twitter Cards (https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards)
- deprecate Ruby 1.8 (you should really upgrade, 2.0 is about to get real and Rails 4 won't run on Ruby 1.8)
- lot of bug fixed
- a bug fix due to the new URL pattern
- there was a regression with RSS feed URLs. It is now fixed and there is a test assuring this bug will never come back. It is part of the new 0.1.2 version. Sorry!
- the "comment" link in admin now works as expected and shows all comments from your Disqus account;
- changed URL pattern, now without mount point (say "/" or "/blog") (fix for https://github.com/jipiboily/monologue/issues/64 by https://github.com/jipiboily/monologue/issues/59);
- you can now use your main_app layout with Monologue (https://github.com/jipiboily/monologue/issues/54) (use config: Monologue.layout. See wiki for more information/example);
- added Open Graph tags;
- posts published with a date in the future are not displayed anymore;
- multiple bug fixes;
0.1.0: initial release (May 5, 2012)
- Rails mountable engine (fully named spaced)
- back to basics: few features
- it has post revisions (no UI to choose published revision yet, but it keeps your modification history)
- it has few external dependencies (no Devise or Sorcery, etc…) so we don't face problem integrating with existing Rails app.(Rails mountable engines: dependency nightmare?)
- comments are handled by disqus
- enforcing Rails cache for better performance (only supports file store for now)
- runs on Heroku