Command Line Updater for WordPress
This script is no longer maintained. Please use the awesome WP-CLI instead!
Interactive script to upgrade all plugins requiring an update in a WordPress installation from the command line. Useful when security and file permissions prevent upgrades from the Dashboard.
Author: Josh Eaton
Author URL: http://www.josheaton.org/
- Drop the
update_all_plugins.phpfile into the root of your WordPress installation
- Execute the script from the command line:
- When asked if you would like to update, type 'y' or 'n' for each plugin
- Login to your WP Dashboard and make sure nothing is broken.
- Command line argument for non-interactive run
- Print out all plugins to upgrade first
- Add versions for core upgrade and theme upgrade
- Error checking and handling
- v0.4 - Now uses
wp-blog-header.phpand disables cron. Based on info from Otto on the wp-hackers list
- v0.3 - Updated for WP 3.3.1