Action Network Wordpress Plugin
Please note that this version is not maintained, will not work with Action Network's v3 embed codes, and may break even more in the future. Latest version available on the Wordpress.org plugin repository.
- Create a Wordpress shortcode from any Action Network embed code.
- Manage your saved embed codes using the Wordpress backend. Supports sorting by title, type and last modified date, and provides a search function.
[actionnetwork_calendar]shortcode and Action Network Calendar widget to show a list of upcoming events. Optionally outputs upcoming events in JSON. Development of this feature was supported by The People's Lobby - if you like it, please consider making a donation to them.
- If you are an Action Network Partner, use your API key to sync all of your actions from Action Network to Wordpress.
Find this plugin useful? Please consider supporting further development by hiring me or making a donation.
6/29/2017: Now available on the Wordpress plugin repository!
6/28/2017: version 1.0
Finally, we're ready to release a 1.0 version! Submitted to the Wordpress Directory, at which point documentation will be moved there.
4/9/2017: version 1.0-beta7
- json="1" attribute in
4/3/2017: version 1.0-beta6
- Add/edit the time as well as date for events added via the text interface
- Prevent Actionnetwork_Sync::processQueue from nesting too many times
- remove extraneous
return $full_simple_collectionline from
traverseFullCollectionmethod in actionnetwork.class.php that was generating notices
3/29/2017: version 1.0-beta5
- Upcoming events shortcode & widget
- Ability to add non-Action-Network events to upcoming events
- loads description field and location hash (for events) into database
- Validates API key
- Starts sync as soon as a valid API key is entered
And some miscellaneous bug fixes, including:
- Fundraising embed codes given the correct OSDI type
10/6/2016: version 1.0-beta2
Includes a few minor improvements to the beta version:
- terminology updated to reflect Action Network's terms rather than OSDI's (i.e., "Letters" rather than "Advocacy Campaigns"
- sync process streamlined somewhat
Also, added inline documentation for shortcode options, and drop-down help pages.
10/3/2016: version 1.0-beta
The Action Network Plugin is ready for beta testing!
If you download the beta version of the plugin, please sign up for my email list to be notified when updates are ready.
Please contact me with bug reports, feedback, thoughts or feature requests