IMPORTANT: READ ME
This is the Debian branch of a fork of Play! Framework. It is intended to be used to build Debian packages for Play! Framework
in two fashions:
- Normal Play! Framework
- Play! Framework with an older release of Hibernate to support JDBC < 4 (the
As this branch will be kept up-to-date with the latest Play! Framework from upstream, it will be rebased often, so be away that
if you intend to pull from it, you will have history rewrites.
Once you have checked out this branch, you can build the debian packages with:
fakeroot ./debian/rules clean binary
Welcome to Play framework
Play framework makes it easier to build Web applications with Java. It is a clean alternative to bloated Enterprise Java stacks. It focuses on developer productivity and targets RESTful architectures. Play is a perfect companion to agile software development.
Learn more on the http://www.playframework.org website.
1. Install the latest version of Play framework and unzip it anywhere you want:
unzip play-1.2.zip -d /opt/play-1.2
2. Add the play script to your PATH:
3. Create a new Play application:
play new /opt/myFirstApp
4. Run the created application:
play run /opt/myFirstApp
5. Go to localhost:9000/ and you’ll see the welcome page.
6. Start developing your new application:
- Your first application — the ‘Hello World’ tutorial
- Tutorial — Play guide, a real world app step-by-step
- The essential documentation
- Java API
Get the source
Fork the project source code on Github:
git clone git://github.com/playframework/play.git
The project history is pretty big. You can pull only a shallow clone by specifying the number of commits you want with —depth:
git clone git://github.com/playframework/play.git --depth 10
Please report bugs on our lighthouse tracker.
Play framework is distributed under Apache 2 licence.