- a feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause)
- excessive fervor to do something or accomplish some end
- prompt willingness
(from WordNet 3.0)
Zeal is a simple offline documentation browser inspired by Dash.
|OS \ Branch||master||stable|
Get binary builds for Windows and Linux from the download page.
How to use
After installing Zeal, you need to download docsets. Go to File->Options->Docsets, select the ones you want, and click the Download button.
How to compile
- Qt version 5.2.0 or above. Required modules: Qt WebKit Widgets, Qt SQL plugin for SQLite, Qt X11 Extras (X11 only).
- X11 only:
- Ubuntu Unity only: libappindicator.
To compile Zeal run
qmake and then
make. Linux users can install Zeal with
make install command.
Query & Filter docsets
You can limit the search scope by using ':' to indicate the desired docsets:
You can also search multiple docsets separating them with a comma:
If you prefer, you can start Zeal with a query from command line:
Creating your own docsets
You can use Dash's instructions for generating docsets.
Contact and Support
We want your feedback! Here's a list of different ways to contact developers and request help:
- Report bugs and submit feature requests to GitHub issues.
- Ask any questions in our Google Group. You can simply send an email to email@example.com.
- For a quick chat with developers and other Zeal users use our IRC channel: #zealdocs on Freenode. Also available through Kiwi IRC web interface. Please, take into consideration possible time zone differences.
- Finally, for a private communications send us email.
- And do not forget to follow @zealdocs on Twitter!