written by Jens Kraemer (email@example.com)
- this will create a start_date_value virtual attribute for use with a text
- field in your forms.
- we usually want an end date entered by the user to be part of the time span.
- So it’s a good idea to store the beginning of the next day internally. This
- is transparently handled by the :offset option.
- :default is eval’d if present to initialize the text field when displaying a
record with an empty end_date field.
date_column :end_date, :offset => 1.day, :default => ‘1.month.from_now’
support for other date formats than ‘dd.mm.yyyy’