Safe Rides of Redding and Easton (SRRE)
safe-rides-redding-easton (beta 1.0.1) @ https://www.saferideser9.org. Also available at https://safe-rides-redding-easton.herokuapp.com, or bit.do/srre.
Safe Rides of Redding and Easton (SRRE) provides safe, volunteer drivers for students who feel unsafe in the ER9 region. If you feel unsafe at a party, need an emergency ride home, or feel intimidated by your friends' insane driving, SRRE is there for you!
SRRE was created by Mike Klein-Wassink and Luca Cerbin. The web-app was created by Jonathan Lam.
Download and save as a web-app on iOS for easier access. See instructions here if you do not know how to do so.
Changes from build 0.0.1
- Consistent usage for secure websockets (
wss) for client-server interaction (as opposed to mixing it with secure HTTP)
- Use of Angular 5 for robust front-end structure (see the README.md for more information)
- Use of Bootstrap for responsive, clean front-end design
- Cleaner, better-commented code
- Improved error reporting
- More dynamic maps and mission page
Because this build is brand-new, not all of the features have been implemented yet. Here is what is fully functional (but perhaps not complete):
- Page template
- Sign in (w/ error reporting) and out
- Home page (w/ profile, sign-in and sign-up forms)
- Request page (w/ improved map)
- Request page server handling
- Volunteer page (w/ tables w/ improved usability)
- Mission page (w/ multiple expandable cards)
- Volunteer page server handling
- Mission page server handling
- Sign up (w/ error reporting)
- Chat for mission page
- Show volunteer dates
- Update maps, resize and center appropriately
- Allow users to make changes to details or add volunteer key
Here are the major features going into development next (in order):
- Add start time, drivee phone number to missions
- Allow mass dumping of information for official records
- Show when users are on-duty
- Add linkable stops on about page for convenience
- Minor bug handling
- Potential PANIC button?
- Signing out during a session may cause some inconsistencies if you're signed in on another tab (easy but tedious).
- Error handling syntax for db usage is inconsistent (easy but tedious).
Build 0.0.1 (for old times' sake)
- Free sign up with your name, email, phone address, and home address. Details will be verified.
- Sign up for volunteer hours. Volunteers must be authorized before being allowed to ride.
- Request a safe ride.
- Text messages sent out to remind users of volunteer times, contact volunteers when cases
(Verifications and text messaging still a work in progress.)
(Potential) Future Updates
- Implement verification of users and driving ability for volunteers.
- Finish implementing text messaging.
- Logging of all safe ride info.
- Higher site reliability.
Please file bug reports under the "Issues" tab above or contact Jonathan Lam.