Generating docs for each Git tag & branch, made easy
- Checks for updates in Git branches or new tags and generates their documentation.
- Git SHA values are cached for each branch so documentation is only (re)built if necessary.
- Compatible with Doxygen, Sphinx and any other documentation tool.
- Generates a summary table for each branch with build time, success/error status, etc.
- Exposes a list of logs for each attempt to build documentation. Local path names are replaced to avoid exposing information on machine local paths.
- Written in pure Bash. No dependencies. Install it anywhere.
Check out this example output.
- Clone this repository.
- Make a copy of the configuration template:
cp config.sh.template config.sh
config.shto put the URI of your Git repository, etc. See all required parameters here
Add a call to
bash [PATH_TO]/git2docs.shto your crontab if you want it to be executed periodically (e.g. on a hourly basis).
You can also manually invoke
git2docs.sh. To check that everything is working as expected, run it in versbose mode: