The MRPT project
Mobile Robot Programming Toolkit (MRPT) provides C++ libraries aimed at researchers in mobile robotics and computer vision. Libraries include SLAM solutions, 3D(6D) geometry, SE(2)/SE(3) Lie groups, probability density functions (pdfs) over points, landmarks, poses and maps, Bayesian inference (Kalman filters, particle filters), image processing, obstacle avoidance, etc. MRPT also provides GUI apps for Stereo camera calibration, dataset inspection, and much more.
- Download the latest unstable code with:
git clone https://github.com/MRPT/mrpt.git --depth 1
- Ask questions at: this Google group or at stackoverflow (please, use the tag
- Main project website, including sources and Windows installer downloads
- C++ API reference
- ROS packages:
- Bindings documentation (Python, Matlab)
- Source code for dozens of examples
- Example configuration files for MRPT applications can be found at: MRPT/share/mrpt/config_files
- Some sample datasets are stored in: MRPT/share/mrpt/datasets. A more complete dataset repository is available online.
- How to contribute with your code for new feaures, bug fixes, etc.
- MRPT is used in the MOLA modular SLAM framework.
See this PPA for nightly builds from the
develop branch, or this one for stable releases.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:joseluisblancoc/mrpt # develop branch #sudo add-apt-repository ppa:joseluisblancoc/mrpt-stable # master (stable releases) branch sudo apt install libmrpt-dev mrpt-apps
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic), Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal), or newer.
3.2. Build from sources
See build documentation (source).
3.3. Windows precompiled versions
.dlls) and development libraries (
Nightly built Windows installer
3.4. As a ROS1/ROS2 package
MRPT is also shipped as a ros1 & ros2 package named
mrpt2, so it can be installed via:
sudo apt install ros-$ROS_DISTRO-mrpt2
mrpt2 status in ROS build farms:
|ROS1 Noetic @ u20.04|
|ROS2 Rolling @ u22.04|
MRPT is released under the new BSD license.