Keynotes, Conference Talks, Workshops, and Other Presentations by Jason Lengstorf
I have too many repos that aren't actually useful on their own because they're disjointed presentations, demos, and other nonsense. The goal of this repo is to create a single location where presentations live, including relevant demos, slide decks, and other resources.
What’s In This Repo?
- Bio and details
- Keynote slides, details, and videos (when available)
- Workshop slides and details
- Technical session slides, details, and videos (when available)
- Videos of previous talks
(This is what I send to people as my bio.)
Jason Lengstorf is a principal developer experience engineer at Netlify and the host of Learn With Jason, a live-streamed video show where he pairs with people in the community to learn something new. He’s passionate about building healthy, efficient teams and systems, and he’s done his best to positively influence the community, leadership, and technical health of open source and companies including Gatsby and IBM. He lives in Portland, Oregon and writes at lengstorf.com.
Jason Lengstorf is a principal developer experience engineer at Netlify and the host of Learn With Jason, a live-streamed video show where he pairs with people in the community to learn something new.
Jason has worked as the head of developer relations at Gatsby, a software architect at IBM, as a consultant for companies including PlayStation and Intel, and as an entrepreneur who grew and sold a design agency. Along the way, he’s written several books and dozens of tutorials about development, process and system design, and work-life balance. He uses his eclectic 15+ years of experience to offer a unique, cross-functional approach to solving complex problems.
Building better careers by first focusing on building better lives is one of Jason’s driving principles, which he writes about at lengstorf.com. He focuses on work-life balance, efficiency, processes, and productivity to help people get more done in less time — so they can spend more time on the things that matter most.
He lives in Portland, Oregon, where he experiments on human test subjects with his smash burger and cocktail recipes.
How I Cut My Working Hours in Half and Somehow Managed to Get More Done
Functional Programming Without the Math
Progressive Web Apps from Scratch
GraphQL @ Massive Scale: Using GraphQL as the Glue in a µ-Service Architecture
Do monads matter? Functional programming for people who hate math.
“But Testing Sucks!” How IBM is building a quality-driven culture.
How to give presentations that aren't horrible and boring.
Videos of Previous Presentations
- Building a Testing- and Quality-Driven Culture at IBM
- GraphQL at Massive Scale: Using GraphQL as the glue in a microservice architecture — GraphQL Summit 2017
- How I cut my working hours in half and somehow managed to get more done — Connect.Tech 2017
- Functional Programming for People Who Hate Math — Web Rebels 2017 (FYI, lots of profanity in this one)
- WordPress Deployment for Professionals – How to Solve the Problem of Multiple WordPress Installs in 30 Minutes or Less — WordCamp Atlanta 2017
- Happy People Do It Better — given via web conference
These talks are behind the Treehouse paywall, but you can watch a short excerpt for free.