cmod3 is a module music player.
Versions for Mac OSX x64, Windows x64, and Linux x64 available.
Don't you know what tracked music is? Look here.
cmod3 website: http://cmod3.atlantisofcode.com.
Browse the Wiki for more information.
- Drag and drop (folders and files)
- Metadata for the current module
- Repeat and shuffle modes
- Classic VU meter
- Keyboard shortcuts: OSX multimedia keys, play/pause, num 1-5
- Nectarine Radio player built-in!
- Browse and download from Modarchive!
How does cmod3 work?
Things yet to do
Settings are not being saved yet. Keyboard shortcuts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and mediakeys). Volume control using a GainNode. Choose a Nectarine stream among a list of streams. Adding an AnalyserNode could enable VU meter for nectarine. More playlist features.
- Can you draw? An nice app icon is needed.
- Audio is being decoded on the main thread, which is not ideal, it should be done on a background worker/thread (not possible afaik, any idea? Audio Workers issue: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=469639).
- New ideas? Open an Issue.
27/10/2016: 2.2.1 - load and save playlists, bugfixes
07/10/2016: 2.1.1 - files are alphabetically loaded
12/03/2016: 2.1.0 - double click to play songs, just like regular players, other improvements
08/03/2016: 2.0.4 - minor improvements
07/03/2016: 2.0.3 - bugfixes with mediakeys
06/03/2016: 2.0.2 - mac icon fixed
04/03/2016: 2.0.1 - optimizations, metadata reading in webworker, glitch-free, bugfixes
08/10/2015: 1.8.0 - gain control
07/10/2015: 1.7.0 - nectarine and ui enhancements
06/10/2015: 1.6.0 - bugfixes and tons of enhancements
05/10/2015: 1.5.0 - modarchive support
24/09/2015: 1.1.0 - not released
25/05/2015: 1.0.0 - public release
17/04/2015: 0.0.5 - beta
## How to update cmod3 when a new version comes out
Download, extract, and replace.
Do you like it?
Contribute to the code via pull-requests and make this player better, or make a donation via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org, modarchive.org and scenemusic.net as well.