Get your GitHub Issues offline! In Markdown and HTML.
This is a command line application, using Node.js, that fetches the GitHub Issue/s you specify and writes them to files on your computer in both HTML and markdown formats. This way you can view them without an internet connection.
This will cap issues at the first 250.
- Have Node.js installed on computer.
- From your command line, install this module
npm install -g offline-issues
- Authorize it by running
offline-issuesand following the commands.
- Use it to save Issues as
.html. Options in next section.
Command Line Interface (CLI)
For one issue:
$ offline-issues USER/REPO#0
For all issues:
$ offline-issues USER/REPO
For multiple repositories or issues:
$ offline-issues USER/REPO USER/REPO#0
$ offline-issues jlord/offline-issues muan/github-gmail#4
The files are written to whichever directory you are currently in. You will see a
html folder added, each of which contains the issues you requested.
To just generate HTML files from existing offline cache:
$ offline-issues -h $ offline-issues --html
To skip generating static files for HTML:
$ offline-issues -S USER/REPO $ offline-issues --no-static USER/REPO
To filter by issue state:
$ offline-issues -s all USER/REPO $ offline-issues --state all USER/REPO
This option accepts either
Note that the filter won't be applied when issue number is specified, like
Build / Develop Locally
- Clone this repository:
git clone https://github.com/jlord/offline-issues.git
- Go inside this project:
- Install dependencies:
- Link this local version to your global
sudo npm link)
- If you have trouble with this or don't want to override the published version (this one) you can run it through the path to the main file:
- On Ubuntu, use
nodejs $(which offline-issues)) to start the CLI
Currently working at MVP level -- it gives you the issues you specify. But I want to add (or recieve Pull Requests!) to it:
- More command line options like getting 'all' or 'closed' or 'open' or by 'author' or 'mention'.
- Directory/Index of files you have.
- Spin up sever.
- Sync up the issues you currently have at a later date.