Rationality In Switching Environments (RISE) Toolbox
Welcome to RISE!!! For any issue, suggestion or bug report, please send an email to junior.maih AT gmail.com
RISE is an object-oriented Matlab toolbox for solving and estimating nonlinear Regime-Switching Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium (RS-DSGE) models.
In RISE, the switching process and can be endogenous. RISE uses perturbation to approximate the nonlinear Regime-Switching DSGE (RS-DSGE) model and solves it using efficient algorithms.
Constant-parameter DSGE models are a special case. RISE also includes the solution and estimation of
- Loose commitment (or optimal policy) models
- sticky information models (Deprecated)
- hybrid expectations models (Deprecated)
- models in which agents have information about future events
Features of the toolbox
Symbolic, automatic and numerical derivatives
Maximum Likelihood and Bayesian estimation
Derivative-free optimization algorithms
Forecasting and conditional forecasting
Integrated SVAR modeling with short, long and mixed restrictions
High Dimensional Model Representation and Monte Carlo Filtering
- Download the toolbox either as zip file or through github (recommended)
- add the toolbox path to Matlab and run rise_startup();
- This publicly available version of RISE is largely work in progress and there is a documentation (PDF, HTML, etc) but that too is work in progress.
- RISE is very intuitive as you will quickly realize when you run the examples in RISE_toolbox\examples\
- Should you want to report a bug, make a suggestion or need help, please send an email to junior.maih AT gmail.com